Collection and Use
Aggregate information is information from which individual user identities or characteristics have been removed. When a user accesses the OMPRN website, aggregate information is collected automatically in order to better understand website traffic patterns (e.g., total number of visitors, most visited sections, peak traffic times). None of this information is personally identifiable.
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. When we collect personal information about you through the website, we do so only if you consent to provide it to us. Specifically, there are four ways we may collect personal information about you:
1) If you register to join our mailing list, we collect your email address in order to send you our publications and information about events;
2) If you register to join the OMPRN network of researchers (the “Network”), we collect your email address, a short biography, your research interests and a photograph to list you among the searchable Network researchers.
3) If you send us an inquiry through our website, we only collect your email address in order to respond to you; and
4) If you register for an event, we collect your personal information required to administer that event and to send you information about future events.
You may unsubscribe from receiving any communications from OMPRN, at any time, by sending a request to: infoOntarioMolecularPathology.ca or by using the unsubscribe option provided in the email you have received.
If you have registered to join the Network, the personal information collected on the registration form will be shared with other registered users of the Network.
If you have NOT registered to join the Network, OMPRN will not disclose your personal information other than in the following three situations:
1) When OMPRN provides event registration services for a third party, OMPRN will provide your registration information to the relevant event sponsor(s).
2) When OMPRN uses third parties, including those which may be based in the United States, to administer mailing lists or event-related functions. In such circumstances, we use contractual means to ensure that these third parties protect your personal information in a manner comparable to OMPRN/OICR practices; however where such information is stored or accessed in other countries it may be subject to the laws of those countries.
3) When OMPRN/OICR is required to respond to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts or law enforcement.
The OMPRN website may contain links to one or more third party websites. Please note that third party websites are not controlled by OMPRN, and this Privacy Statement does not apply in regard to any personal information that you provide to third party websites.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at OICR, please send a written request to:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
661 University Avenue, Suite 510
Canada M5G 0A3
Email: privacy oicr.on.ca